Series 8C 1/8 DIN Temperature Controller
The Series 8C Temperature Controller offers easy-to-use programming menus designed for quick installation. The unit is designed for direct or reverse acting (cooling or heating) control. The Series 8C can be programmed for simple ON/OFF or more complex PID control functions. PID control is supported with manual or auto-tuning. Select relay, voltage pulse, or current output control methods. The controller also includes two additional alarm outputs. The alarm outputs can be configured from 12 different preprogrammed settings.
The temperature controller accepts a variety of thermocouple and RTD inputs. The process value and setpoint value are displayed simultaneously on the large dual LED. Auto-tuning, engineering units (°F or °C) and alarm status is also indicated on the faceplate.
- Oven, boiler, or chiller control
- Hot plates/melt pots
- Food service equipment
- Environmental chambers
- Packaging equipment
- Thermocouple & RTD.
- Two 4-digit, 7 segment .38" H (9.53 mm) LED's. PV: red; SV: green.
- ±0.25% span, ±1 least significant digit.
- Supply Voltage:
- 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz.
- Power Consumption:
- 5 VA max.
- Operating Temperature:
- 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Memory Backup:
- Nonvolatile memory.
- RS-485 Modbus® ASCII communication protocol.
- Control Output Ratings:
- Relay: SPDT, 5 A @ 250 VAC resistive; Voltage Pulse: 14 V, 10% to -20% (max 40 mA); Current: 4 to 20 mA; Communication: RS-485 Modbus® Communication Protocol.
- 15 oz (425 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- CE, RoHS, cUL, UL.
- Front Panel Rating:
- Universal input accepts RTD or thermocouple sensors
- On/Off, PID, or manual output control
- RS-485 standard on all models
|SCD-SW||Configuration software||1-3 days*||
|A-600||R/C snubber (recommended for inductive loads like a solenoid or contactor)||1-3 days*||
|MN-1||Mini-Node™ RS-485 to USB converter||1-3 days*||