Series V6 Flotect® Mini-Size Flow Switches
Monitor Flow in 1/2" to 2" (12.70 to 50.80 mm) Pipe, Explosion-Proof, Compact
The Series V6 Flotect® Flow Switch is surprisingly compact, and specifically engineered to monitor liquid, gas, or air flows. Time tested in thousands of pipeline installations and processing plants around the world, this Series is Weatherproof, designed to meet NEMA 4 and Explosion-proof (listing included in specifications). Tees are available for installation in pipelines from 1/2" to 2" (12.70 to 50.80 mm). With bushings added the unit is easily adapted to 1/4" and 3/8" (6.35 and 9.53 mm) piping.
- Protects pumps, motors and other equipment against low or no flow
- Controls sequential operation of pumps
- Automatically starts auxiliary pumps and engines
- Stops liquid cooled engines, machines and processing when coolant flow is interrupted
- Shuts down burner when air flow through heating coil fails
- Controls dampers according to flow
- Signals alarm when emergency shower or eyewash station in use
Starting at $258.60
- Gases or liquids compatible with wetted materials.
- Wetted Materials:
- Standard V6 Models: Vane: 301 SS; Lower Body: brass or 303 SS; Magnet: ceramic; Other: 301, 302 SS; Tee: brass, iron, forged steel, or 304 SS.
V6 Low Flow Models: Lower body: brass or 303 SS; Tee: brass or 304 SS; Magnet: ceramic; O-ring: Buna-N standard, Fluoroelastomer optional; Other: 301, 302 SS.
- Temperature Limits:
- -4 to 220°F (-20 to 105°C) Standard, MT high temperature option 400°F (205°C) (MT not UL, CSA, ATEX, IECEx or KC) ATEX Compliant AT, IECEx IEC Option and KC (KC Option), Ambient Temperature -4 to 167°F (-20 to 75°C) Process Temperature: -4 to 220°F (-20 to 105°C).
- Pressure Limit:
- Brass lower body with no tee models 1000 psig (69 bar), 303 SS lower body with no tee models 2000 psig (138 bar). Brass tee models 250 psi (17.2 bar), iron tee models 1000 psi (69 bar), forged and stainless steel tee models 2000 psi (138 bar), low flow models 1450 psi (100 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:
- Weatherproof and Explosion-proof. Listed with UL and CSA for Class I, Groups A, B, C and D; Class II, Groups E, F, and G. (Group A on stainless steel body models only). ATEX CE 2813 II 2 G Ex db IIC T6 Gb Process Temp ≤75°C Alternate Temperature Class T5 Process Temp ≤90°C, 115°C (T4) Process Temp ≤105°C consult factory. EU-Type Certificate No.: KEMA 04ATEX2128. ATEX Standards: EN 60079-0:2012+A11:2013; EN 60079-1:2014.IECEx Certified: For Ex db IIC T6 Gb Process Temp≤75°C Alternate Temperature Class T5 Process Temp ≤90°C, 115°C (T4) Process Temp≤105°C consult factory. IECEx Certificate of Conformity: IECEx DEK 11.0039; IECEx Standards: IEC 60079-0:2011; IEC 60079-1:2014; Korean Certified (KC) for: Ex d IIC T6 Gb Process Temp ≤75°C; KTL Certificate Number: 12-KB4BO-0091.
- Switch Type:
- SPDT snap switch standard, DPDT snap switch optional.
- Electrical Rating:
- UL models: 5 A @125/250 VAC. CSA, ATEX and IECEx models: 5 A @ 125/250 VAC (V~); 5A res., 3 A ind. @ 30 VDC (V ). MV option: .1 A @ 125 VAC (V~). MT option: 5 A @125/250 VAC (V~). [MT option not UL, CSA, ATEX or IECEx].
- Electrical Connections:
- UL models: 18 AWG, 18" (457.20 mm) long. ATEX/CSA / IECEx models: terminal block.
- Upper Body:
- Brass or 303 stainless steel.
- Conduit Connections:
- 3/4" (19.05 mm) male NPT standard, 3/4" (19.05 mm) female NPT or M25 with BSPT option on junction box models.
- Process Connection:
- 1/2" (12.70 mm) male NPT or 1/2" (12.70 mm) male BSPT on models without a tee.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Switch can be installed in any position but the actuation/deactuation flow rates in the charts are based on horizontal pipe runs and are nominal values.
- Set Point Adjustment:
- Standard V6 models none. Without tee models vane is trimmable. Low flow models are field adjustable in the range shown. See set point charts on Catalog page.
- 2 to 6 lb (.9 to 2.7 kg) depending on construction.
- Options not Shown:
- Custom calibration, bushings, PVC tee, reinforced vane, DPDT relays.
- Agency Approvals:
- ATEX, CE, CSA, IECEx, KTL, UL.
- Superior performance with unique magnetically-actuated switch
- Increased product life due to free-swinging vane, which attracts a magnet within the solid metal switch body and actuates a snap switch by means of a simple lever arm with no bellows, springs, or seals to fail
- Meets application requirements with durable leak-proof body machined from bar stock
- Save time and money on maintenance with electrical assembly that can be easily replaced without removing the unit from installation so that the process does not have to be shut down
- Choice of models in a tee with calibrated vane or field adjustable trimmable vane
- Quick installation with fitting that installs directly and easily into pipeline with a threadolet, tee, or flange (see application drawings)
- Meets the most demanding applications with high pressure rating of 1000 psig (69 bar) for the brass body and 2000 psig (138 bar) for the SS body
- Solves customer level applications needs with low flow model with field adjustable set point
Product Data Sheet
- CAD Drawing in format .DWG
- Adobe Reader in format .PDF
- CAD Drawing in format .DWG - Low Flow
- Adobe Reader in format .PDF - Low Flow
- CAD Drawing in format .DWG - Junction Box Orientation
- Adobe Reader in format .PDF - Junction Box Orientation
- 3D Drawing - V6EPS-S-S-1-S
- 3D Drawing - V6EPB-S-S-LF Low Flow
- 3D Drawing - V6EPB-B-S-3-B
- 3D Drawing - V6EPB-B-S-4-B
- 3D Drawing - V6EPB-B-S-0 (No Tee)
|EXAMPLE||V6||EP||BB||D||1||B||AT||Series V6EPB-B-D-1-B-AT Flotect® Mini-Size Flow Switch, brass body, DPDT, 1/2" brass tee, with ATEX approval.|
|SERIES||V6||Flotect® Mini-Size Flow Switch|
|1/2" NPT (12.70 mm)
3/4" NPT (19.50 mm)
1" NPT (25.40 mm)
1-1/4" NPT (31.75 mm)
1-1/2" NPT (38.10 mm)
2" NPT (50.80 mm)
Low Flow NPT (Tee Bushing Material Code not required)
Low Flow BSPT (Tee Bushing Material Code not required)
|TEE TYPE AND
Stainless Steel 150#
PVC NPT Threads
PVC Sweat Joints
No Tee with Field Trimmable Vane
|0.18 Spring for Low Flow
.020 Spring for Low Flow
.022 Spring for Low Flow
.022 Spring for Low Flow with Alnico Magnet
.031 Spring for Low Flow
1/2" x 3/4" NPT
1/2" x 1" NPT
1/2" x 1-1/4" NPT
1/2" x 1-1/2" NPT
1/2" x 2" NPT
1/2" x 3/4 BSPT
1/2" x 1 BSPT
1/2" x 1-1/4 BSPT
1/2" x 1-1/2 BSPT
1/2" x 2 BSPT
Flow Test Report
Junction Box with Left Side Conduit
Stainless Steel Orifice
Stainless Steel Tag
Terminal Block Connector
- Why should a customer be discouraged from buying a V6 without a tee and installing it in his own tees?
- Two reasons: One, the customer will frequently tighten the body in the tee one turn too many, resulting in the vane hitting the tee. This bends the vane and it can jam up even after the switch is backed out one turn to its proper position. Two, there is also a wide variation in tee dimensions between manufacturers which aggravates the problem.
- What does actuation and de-actuation mean?
- Actuation means that the flow rate has reached a point where the microswitch trips or the contacts of the microswitch change state. De-actuation means that the flow rate has decreased to a point where the microswitch returns to its normal state.
- What type of pressure drop is expected in the V6-LF?
- 5-15 psi, however, it will vary in proportion to the flow rate.
- Are custom vanes for the V6 available?
- Yes, we can supply customer vanes for the V6. The information we would require is as follows: pipe size, flow direction (horizontal, up, down), mounting, pressure, temperature, specific gravity, flow rates (maximum normal, actuation/de-actuation). Please see custom vane option in the online configurator.
- What material is used as a seal between the process fluid and the electrical portion of the switch?
- The body material; as there is no separate "seal" since the body is machined from solid stock and the switch is magnetically actuated.
- On your Flow Switches, which model has a Form C type contact
- Form C contact is a SPDT snap switch. Many of Dwyer’s flow switches have SPDT snap switches. The V4, V6, V7, FS-2, and V8 are some of them.
- What is the maximum flow rating on your Series V6 FLOTECT Flow switch?
- The maximum flow rating would depend on; the specific model of V6, the line size, and whether a tee is installed or not.
- What is the pressure drop across a V6 Flow switch?
- Pressure drop (head loss) is a function of both set point and flow rate. Typically, pressure drop at actuation flow rate listed will be 5 – 10 PSID (0.34 – 0.69 Bar). Pressure drops at other flow rates will vary in proportion to the change in flow.
- What precautions should be taken when making an outdoor installation?
- Keep the junction box above the nearest low point in the conduit run and make sure the conduit connection is sealed to prevent condensation from running into the switch.
- I am looking for a Dwyer flow switch model V6EPB-BD4B-CSA. My concern is that our switch has a ACT 2.4 GPM or less, but in your website this flow switch shows a different ACT GPM. I am attaching a picture of our switch for your review and recommendation. Thank you.
- It sounds like you have a Special made-to-order switch. This will not be found on our website. Please call one of our Application Engineers and they will be happy to help you.
Write Your Own Review