Series PS Pressure Snubber
The Series PS Pressure Snubber is designed to protect pressure instrumentation by
dampening surges and pulsations and assuring steady average pressure readings.
Snubbers are available in a variety of pore sizes for use with gases, water, and oils.
- Maximum Pressure:
- Brass: 10,000 psi (689 bar), SS: 15,000 psi (1034 bar).
- Filter Disc Material:
- AISI 316 SS.
- Approx. Micron Rating:
- Air & gases: 2-5µ; water & oils (30-225 SSU): 10µ.
- 1/4" NPT: 3/4" (19 mm) hex size, 1.5" (38 mm) length.
- What is the difference between the PS224 snubber with it's 2-5 µm mesh and the PS225 snubber for pulsating gas. (What is the mesh size of the PS225 and are there other differences from the PS224?)
- The main difference between the PS224 and PS225 is the micron rating. The PS224 for air and gas service has a micron rating of 2-5 microns. The PS225 for pulsating gas has a micron rating of 1 micron.