Series V8 Flotect® Vane Operated Flow Switch
The Series V8 Flotect® Vane Operated Flow Switches are ideal for protecting unattended equipment from damage or loss of production. This Series is available for installation in a 1 to 6" pipe with operating pressures are up to 150 psig (10 bar) and temperatures to 212°F (100°C).
- Chemical processing
- Air conditioning
- Heating systems
- Cooling lines
- Liquid transfer systems
- Water treatment
- Food processing
- Machine tools
- Compatible gases or liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- Vane and Body: Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS); Pin and spring: 316 SS or Inconel®; Magnet: Ceramic 8.
- Temperature Limit:
- 212°F (100°C).
- Pressure Limit:
- 150 psig (10 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:
- General purpose; WP/WP2 option is weatherproof.
- Switch Type:
- SPDT snap switch; MV option: SPDT gold contact snap switch.
- Electrical Rating:
- 5 A @ 125/250 VAC, 5 A resistive, 3 A inductive @ 30 VDC. MV option: 1 A @ 125 VAC, 1 A resistive, 0.5 A inductive @ 30 VDC.
- Electrical Connections:
- 18 AWG 18" (460 mm) long.
- Conduit Connection:
- 1/2" male NPT, 1/2" female NPT on WP and WP2.
- Process Connection:
- 1" male NPT.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Actuation/deactuation flow rates are based on horizontal pipe run and are nominal values. Unit cannot be used with vertical down flow.
- Set Point Adjustment:
- Vane is trimmable.
- 4.5 oz (0.13 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- CE, cURus.
- Suitable for mounting in a protected environment with UL recognition as an industrial motor controller per UL standard 508
- Increased product life with a free-swinging vane which attracts a magnet within the solid metal switch body, actuating a snap switch by means of a simple lever arm with no bellows, springs, or seals to fail
- Excellent chemical resistance and leak proof body and vane constructed of tough durable polyphenylene sulfide
- Gold Plated Contacts, for dry circuits. Rated 1A @ 125 VAC; 1A resistive, 0.5A inductive @ 30 VDC. To order add suffix -MV. Example: V8-MV.
- Inconel® Alloy Option. Inconel® Alloy replaces standard 316 SS wetted parts. Wetted parts are Inconel® Alloy, ceramic 8, and Polyphenylene Sulfide. To order add suffix -INC. Example: V8-INC.
- Weatherproof Enclosure (not UL approved). Optional housing provides weatherproof protection for electrical wiring. To order add suffix -WP (phenylpolioxide) or -WP2 (aluminum). Example: V8-WP or V8-WP2
|EXAMPLE||V8||MV||Series V8-MV Flotect® Vane Operated Flow Switch, with gold contacts.|
|SERIES||V8||Flotect® Vane Operated Flow Switch|
|Body Assembly with Inconel®
Stainless Steel Tag
Weatherproof Conduit Box
Metal Weatherproof Conduit Box
- Can the V8 float switch be used with acids due to its material of construction?
- No. The V8 contains a 316SS pin and spring as well as a ceramic 8 magnet that are not compatible.
- What does actuation and de-actuation mean?
- Actuation means that the flow rate has reached a point where the microswitch trips or the contacts of the microswitch change state. De-actuation means that the flow rate has decreased to a point where the microswitch returns to its normal state.
- What material is used as a seal between the process fluid and the electrical portion of the switch?
- The body material; as there is no separate "seal" since the body is machined from solid stock and the switch is magnetically actuated.
- On your Flow Switches, which model has a Form C type contact
- Form C contact is a SPDT snap switch. Many of Dwyer’s flow switches have SPDT snap switches. The V4, V6, V7, FS-2, and V8 are some of them.