Series PFT Paddlewheel Flow Sensor
The Series PFT Insertion Paddlewheel Flowmeters are used to monitor liquid flow rates in pipes from 1-1/2 to 40" and is available in brass or 316 SS body. The unit outputs a frequency proportional pulsed or 4 to 20 mA output. The pulse models are a square wave output signal with frequency proportional to the flow velocity and the 4 to 20 mA models have a linear output of the velocity with 4 mA equal to 0 ft/s and 20 mA equal to 25 ft/s.
- Ground water remediation
- Cooling systems
- Pump protection
- Leak detection
- Filtration systems
- Water-based fluids.
- 1.2 to 25 ft/s (0.37 to 7.62 m/s).
- Wetted Materials:
- Body and fitting: Brass or 316 SS; Fitting O-ring: FKM standard, silicone or Buna-N optional; Impeller: 316 SS; Shaft: tungsten carbide standard or 316 SS optional; Bearing: PTFE standard.
- ±1.0% of FS.
- ±0.5% of FS.
- Temperature Limits:
- -40 to 212°F (-40 to 100°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- 400 psig (27.6 bar) @ 100°F (37.8°C), 325 psig (22.4 bar) @ 212°F (100°C).
- Process Connection:
- 1-1/2" NPT male standard, 2" NPT male optional.
- Pulse: NPN open collector with square wave output, rated 60 V @ 50 mA maximum. Frequency: 3.2 to 200 Hz. Pulse Width: 2.5 msec ±25%. 4 to 20 mA: 4 mA is 0 ft/s, 20 mA is 25 ft/s.
- Power Requirement:
- 10 to 35 VDC.
- Power Consumption:
- 40 mA (max).
- Electrical Connection:
- 22 AWG shielded UL type PTLC rated 105°C, 20' (6.1 m) long with cable gland. Can be extended up to 2000' (609 m) with similar cable. Optional UL listed burial rated cable.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 6P (IP67) *.
- Housing Materials:
- Brass or 316 SS.
- 3 lb. (1.36 kg).
- *Brass units IP67 only.
- Long product life even in applications with particulate due to bearings and shaft that offer excellent wear protection
- Use in irrigation applications with weatherproof and submersible ratings
- Save time and inventory with one unit that is adjustable over a large pipe size range
- Application versatility with a variety of wetted material selections
- Reduce need for additional external components with integral 4-20 mA output
- Eliminate concerns regarding magnetic material in flow due to sensor technology, which uses inductive sensing and no magnets
|EXAMPLE||PFT||I||D||N||B1||1||1||S||ST||Series PFT-IDN-B111-S-ST Insertion Paddlewheel Flow Sensor, pulse output, brass body, 1-1/2" male NPT connection, FKM o' ring, tungsten-carbide shaft, PTFE bearing, with stainless steel tag..|
|SERIES||PFT||Paddlewheel Flow Sensor|
|600UA/40MA 2.5MS Pulse
Analog 4-20 mA Transmitter
316 SST body
|1-1/2" NPTM Mounting
2" NPTM Mounting
1-1/2" Male BSPT Mounting
2" Male BSPT Mounting
1-1/2" NPTM hot tap with valve
1-1/2" NPTM hot tap without valve
1-1/2" BSPT hot tap with valve
1-1/2" BSPT hot tap without valve
|O' RING MATERIAL||1
Silicone (FDA Approved)
|Tungsten-Carbide Shaft, 316SS Impeller, PTFE Bearing
316SS Shaft, 316SS Impeller, PTFE Bearing
|22 GA Shielded Wire, 20 ft.
18 GA UL Listed Burial Rated, 4 ft.
|OPTIONS||ST||Stainless Steel Tag|
|A-PFT-HKIT||1-1/2" brass valve with nipple||1-3 days*||
|A-PFT-HKIT-SS||1-1/2" SS valve with nipple||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-PFT-HKIT-SS-BSPT||1-1/2" BSPT SS valve with nipple||1-2 Weeks*||