SERIES 160 STAINLESS STEEL PITOT TUBE
The Series 160 Stainless Steel Pitot Tube is constructed from corrosion resistant stainless steel with permanently etched insertion depth graduations for a lifetime of service. The static pressure port is parallel to the sensing tube to allow quick, easy alignment of the tube with air flow. A universal model fits the user supplied 3/4" schedule 40 pipe in any length.
Note: Special shipping and handling charges will apply to pitot tube lengths over 36" for International orders and 72" for Domestic orders.
Download the Air Velocity Calculator App for Android® devices.
- Monitor or control air velocity or air flow when combined with differential pressure gage, switch or transmitter
- Low sensitivity to misalignment up to 15 degrees
- No calibration needed due to ASHRAE tip design
- Silver soldered connections for leak-proof operation
- 5/16" models rated to 1500°F (815.5°C)
- Compression Fitting - mounting option for 166/167 Series. Add -CF suffix (166-6-CF).
- How do I hook up my Magnehelic® gage for an air velocity application with a pitot tube?
- In our Application Guides on flow products, we explain very well how to take air velocity readings. The total pressure connection on the pitot tube is connected to one of the high pressure ports on the gage. The other high pressure port is plugged. The static pressure connection on the pitot tube is connected to one of the low pressure ports on the gage. The other low pressure port is plugged.
- The gland fitting A-159 is shown as an accessory to the Series 160 Pitot tube. How do you install the fitting past the elbow in the tube?
- The optional mounting gland, model A-159, is designed to slide over any Series 160, 5/16” diameter standard pitot tube. It should be large enough to slide past the elbow while still being small enough to tighten down on the 5/16” diameter shaft.
- How do you do traverse readings with a Pitot tube for air velocity and air flow readings?
- Dwyer has a guide on how to calculate air velocity and air flow with Pitot Tubes including traverse readings located on our website at: Air Velocity Measurement
- I have a question about the Series 160 Pitot tube. I am wondering whether you can use this as a water flow measurement instead of air flow measurement. Best, Thanks
- Our Series 160 pitot tube is specifically designed to monitor or control air velocity or air flow and not water flow. Our Series DS in-line flow sensors can be used for flow rate sensing of compatible gases and liquids for schedule 40 pipe.
|A-156||Flange mounting plate with 1/2" female NPT.||1-3 days*||
|A-158||Split flange mounting. Can be added to any Dwyer® No. 160 standard pitot tube. Cadmium plated steel. Gasket is pattern for mounting holes. Secure flange loosely to tube, adjust tube depth and tighten screws. Gasket of 1/16" Neoprene fits tightly around tube and against duct for leak-proof seal. Nuts, washers included.||1-3 days*||
|A-159||Mounting gland. Versatile adapter slips on any Series 160, 5/16" standard pitot tube made after Dec. 1990. Two-part stainless steel fitting slides over tube and provides permanent, secure mounting. Where duct interior is accessible, use the washers and jam nut supplied. For blind applications or in thicker materials, use model A-156 flange mounting plate. Once tube is adjusted to proper depth and angle, tighten smaller hex bushing to lock position. Graphite bushing inside assures leak-proof seal even at higher temperatures. TFE bushing also available. Note: For full insertion with this fitting, order next longer pitot tube. A-159 mounting gland is used for both duct mounting and flange mounting.||1-3 days*||
|A-397||Rugged step drill, quickly provides true round holes in thin materials, no center punch needed to start, automatically de-burrs drilled hole, high speed steel, drills 3/16" through 1/2" holes in 1/16" increments.||1-3 days*||
|A-532||Air velocity calculator slide chart.||1-3 days*||
|A-160-CASE||Hard plastic carrying case for pitot tubes up to 48"||1-3 days*||