Series AVUL Air Velocity Transmitter
The Series AVUL Air Velocity Transmitters quickly and accurately measures air velocity or volumetric flow in imperial or metric units. Simultaneous current and voltage outputs on all models provide universal inputs to monitoring equipment while the output range, units, and 0 to 5/10 VDC, 4-20 mA output can be configured via local DIP switches. The optional integral display, or the portable remote display tool, provide a convenient way to locally monitor process values and configure the unit. Models are available in 3% and 5% accuracy models to suit a variety of needs, and the optional BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU/ASCII communication protocol allows units to be daisy-chained while providing access to all of the velocity and flow data, as well as additional information such as air temperature.
- VAV systems
- Building ducts
- Clean air and non-combustible, compatible gases.
- Wetted Materials:
- Consult factory.
- 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 FPM (5, 10, 15, 20 m/s); field selectable.
- ±(5% of reading + 0.2 m/s) or ±(3% of reading + 0.2 m/s) @ standard conditions, depending on model.
- Temperature Limits:
- 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Power Requirements:
- 24 VDC ±20% or 24 VAC ±20%.
- Humidity Limits.:
- 5 to 95% RH, non-condensing.
- Output Signals:
- 4 to 20 mA, 0 to 5 VDC, 0 to 10 VDC.
- Response Time (90%):
- 10 s, typical.
- Zero & Span Adjustments:
- Digital push buttons.
- Output Load Resistance:
- Current output: 0 to 1100 Ω max.; Voltage output: Minimum load resistance 1 kΩ.
- Current Consumption:
- 60 mA max.
- 5 digit LCD (optional).
- Electrical Connections:
- Analog; power and output: four wire removable European style terminal block for 16 to 26 AWG.
- Connections: BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU/ASCII: three wire removable European style terminal block for 16 to 26 AWG; Supported baud rates: 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 76800, 115200. (optional)
- Device Load:
- 1/8th unit load.
- Electrical Entry:
- 1/2" NPS thread. Accessory: Cable gland for 5 to 10 mm diameter cable, A-151.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4X (IP66).
- Mounting Orientation:
- Flow direction must be parallel to the sensor tip.
- 6.0 oz (160 g).
- BTL, CE.
- Sensing elements have been coated with an engineered conformal coating to ensure durability and longevity
- Field selectable ranges can be quickly configured without power to the unit
Product Data Sheet
|EXAMPLE||AVUL||3||D||A1||LCD||Series AVUL-3DA1-LCD Air Velocity Transmitter, accuracy ± 3%, duct mount, analog universal, with LCD display.|
|SERIES||AVUL||Air Velocity Transmitter|
± (3% of reading + 0.2 m/s) @ STD Conditions
± (5% of reading + 0.2 m/s) @ STD Conditions
Analog Universal (0-5V, 0-10V, 4-20mA)
Analog + Bacnet Output
Analog + Modbus® Output
NIST Traceable Certificate
Cable Gland Accessory
- Is there a minimum duct size that this sensor can be used in?
- The sensing element is about ¾” from the tip of the stem so the duct size would need to accommodate the entire sensing element. If being used in a smaller duct, you will want to verify that the flow range is within the operating range, 1000, 2000, 3000, or 4000 FPM.
- Can you use a display with the Modbus or BACnet options?
- Yes, either the integral LCD Display, A-AVUL-LCD, or the remote display tool, A-435-A, can be used with Modbus or BACnet configurations.
- Can the AVPT output volumetric flow readings
- No, the AVPT is configured to output air velocity readings in FPM or M/S only. Consider looking at the AVUL for a unit able to output volumetric air flow.
|A-151||Cable gland for 5 to 10 mm diameter cable.||1-3 days*||
|A-AVUL-LCD||Field upgradeable display.||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-435-A||Remote display tool for the MS2 Series.||1-3 days*||
|A-AVUL-MTG||Replacement duct mount plate assembly||1-2 Weeks*||
|SCD-PS||100 to 240 VAC/VDC to 24 VDC power supply||1-3 days*||