SERIES H2 DUAL-ACTION EXPLOSION-PROOF PRESSURE SWITCHES
Explosion-Proof, UL & CSA Listed for Class I, Groups B, C & D and Class II, Groups E, F & G. The Series H2 Dual-Action Explosion-Proof Pressure Switch is designed for sequencing two different actions as pressure of a liquid or gas increases or decreases. The design consists of two concentric pistons operated by a single diaphragm with one pressure chamber. Each piston actuates a separate switch independent of the other. The switches may be adjusted to operate together, at opposite ends of the range or at two intermediate set points. The threaded top is removed to field adjust or service switches without disturbing electrical or pressure connections. The Duotect® switch is explosion-proof and weatherproof. It can be mounted in any position and is not affected by vibration.
- Mechanical HVAC or process equipment
- Chemical, petroleum, food and drug processing industries
- Process and Industrial applications
- Wetted Materials:
- 316 SS chamber with FEP diaphragm and Buna-N O-ring standard. Fluoroelastomer or EPDM O-ring optional.
- Temperature Limit:
- 275°F (135°C). CSA approved: -20 to 90°C (-4 to 184°F).
- Pressure Limit:
- 1500 psig (103 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:
- UL listed explosion-proof, Class I, Groups B, C, and D. Class II Groups E, F, and G. Meets NEMA 4X (IP66). CSA optional. Class I, Groups B, C & D. Class II, Groups E, F, & G -20°C ≤ Tamb ≤ 75°C T6 [optional -20°C ≤ Tamb ≤ 40°C T5] Type 4.
- Switch Type:
- Two SPDT snap switches.
- Electrical Rating:
- 5 A @ 125/250 VAC, 5 A res., 3 A ind. @ 30 VDC. Gold contacts optional.
- Electrical Connections:
- 18 AWG, 18" (460 mm) long.
- Conduit Connection:
- 3/4" female NPT.
- Process Connection:
- 1/4" female NPT.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Any position.
- Set Point Adjustment:
- Internal nut.
- 2 lb (.9 kg).
- Approximately 10% of range.
- Agency Approvals:
- CSA, UL.
- Explosion-proof and weatherproof housing provides device protection for outdoor use or harsh environment operation
- UL listed, CSA approved to support rigorous process applications and regulations
- Independent piston action design for either gas or liquid allows switches to active together or independently based on settings
- Mounting in any position and not affected by vibration provides reliable switching for equipment
|EXAMPLE||H2||S||1||CSA||Series H2S-1-CSA Dual-Action Explosion-Proof Pressure Switch, stainless steel housing, low range 3-40 psi, high range 5-75 psi, with CSA approval.|
|SERIES||H2||Dual-Action Explosion-Proof Pressure Switch|
Low Range 3-40 psi, High Range 5-75 psi
Low Range 25-250 psi, High Range 30-400 psi
Low Range 100-1000 psi, High Range 150-1500 psi
Gold Contact Switch
Stainless Steel Tag
Ethylene Propylene O-rings
- Can the standard H2 pressure switch be used with water?
- No. The brass or SS housing must be specified for compatibility reasons. The aluminum housing can leak into the switch.
- For which pressure switch applications are gold contacts recommended?
- For "dry circuit" applications where little or no current is flowing in the circuit to help burn off contact dirt and oxidation. Switches used with solid state circuits often fall in this category.