Series IEF Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Transmitter
A-IEF Remote Display is NOW AVAILABLE!
The Series IEF Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Transmitter is an adjustable insertion flowmeter featuring electromagnetic technology that accurately and reliably measures fluid velocity in addition to providing several continuous signal outputs. This series is specifically designed to offer superior performance paired with simple installation and use. One unit is adjustable to fit pipe sizes from 4 to 36" (101.6 to 914.4 mm), and offers several output options including selectable BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU communications protocol over 2-wire RS-485 in addition to the standard analog, frequency and alarm outputs.
- Boiler feed water
- Chilled water
- Open and closed loop condenser water
- Irrigation system
- Municipal water distribution
- Process and coolant flow
- Ground water remediation
- Chemical processing
- Pump protection
- Compatible clean or dirty non coating, conductive liquids.
- 0 to 20 ft/s (0 to 6 m/s).
- Wetted Materials:
- Body shaft/fitting: 316SS; Electrodes: 316SS; Electrode cap: Polymer/Polystyrene; O-ring: Silicon.
- High accuracy units: ±0.5% of reading at calibrated velocity; ±1% of reading from 2 to 20 ft/s (0.6 to 6 m/s); ±0.02 ft/s (±0.006 m/s) at < 2 ft/s (0.6 m/s);
Standard accuracy units: ±1% FS.
- Temperature Limits:
- Ambient: -20 to 160°F (-29 to 71°C); Process: 15 to 250°F (-9 to 121°C); Storage: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C).
- Process Connection:
- 1" NPT or BSPT with accessory full port ball valve options.
- Pressure Limits:
- 400 psi (27.6 bar) @ 100º F (37.8°C).
- Pressure Drop:
- < 0.1 psi at 12 ft/s in 4" (101.6 mm) and larger pipe.
- (1) Analog: 4 to 20 mA, 0 to 5 V, 0 to 10 V or 2 to 10 V (display selectable);
(1) Pulse/Frequency: 0 to 15 V peak pulse, 0 to 500 Hz or scalable pulse output (display selectable);
(2) Alarm: (1) Empty pipe detection or minimum/maximum velocity, (display selectable);
(1) Reverse flow output indication.
- Power Requirements:
- 12 to 42.4 VDC, .25 A @ 24 VDC; 12 to 36 VAC.
- Electrical Connection:
- Removable terminal blocks, model selectable 1/2" female NPT conduit connection, PG 16 gland or PG 16 gland with (2) 10' (3 m) 9 conductor 22 AWG plenum rated cables, accessory cable lengths up to 200' (61 m) optional.
- 2" ( 5.08 cm) x 2" (5.08 cm) graphic LCD with backlight.
- >20 microsiemens.
- Enclosure Material:
- Powder coated die cast aluminum.
- Enclosure Ratings:
- NEMA 6P (IP68) (Non display models); NEMA 4X (IP66) (-LCD option).
- Agency Approvals:
- BTL, CE, NSF/ANSI 61 and 372.
- COMMUNICATIONS (-COM OPTION)
- BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU communication protocol (default disabled, display selectable).
- Supported Baud Rates:
- 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 76800, or 115200 bps (display selectable).
- Device Load:
- 1/8 unit load.
- ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Applicable Pipe Material:
- Most popular plastic and metal pipes; i.e. Carbon steel, SS, copper, UPVC/PVDF, galvanized steel, mild steel, and brass*.
- Applicable Pipe Size:
- 4 to 36" (100 to 900 mm), model dependent. See model chart on catalog page.
- Diameter Length Requirements:
- >10 upstream, >5 downstream.
- 0 to 100% display selectable.
- *Brass fittings and pipe not for use with NSF Certified models.
- Meet application requirements with field configurable setup displays (-LCD integral option or remote accessory A-IEF-DSP), which accommodate a variety of application configurations with one model through multiple display configurations i.e. pipe size, pipe material, liquid type, analog output, pulse/frequency output, alarm outputs, communication outputs, damping, and calibration factor
- Maintain system efficiency with high performance accuracy that is maintained through changes in temperature, density or viscosity
- Quick and easy ordering and set up with Setup Wizard and installation tool that are simple to use and allow for precise installation
- Save time with accessory setup kit A-IEF-KIT that ensures exact installation application depth with included thickness gage and measuring tape
- Reduced costs, long product life, and minimal maintenance requirements with no moving parts to wear or break and electrodes that discourage fouling
- Minimize installation costs with isolation valve accessory options to allow for installation in operational systems via hot-tap kit or easy removal without system downtime
- Required documents included with NIST traceable pass/fail verification certificate included standard for Carbon Steel Schedule 40 pipes sized 4" (102 mm), 6" (150 mm), 8" (200 mm)
IEF-XX-X-OPT IEF INSERTION MAG METER 1ST SYMBOL (1ST X) ACCURACY F HIGH ACCURACY 4 IN PIPE ONLY (1% OF READING) I HIGH ACCURACY 6 IN PIPE ONLY (1% OF READING) E HIGH ACCURACY 8 IN PIPE ONLY (1% OF READING) T HIGH ACCURACY 10 IN PIPE ONLY (1% OF READING) H HIGH ACCURACY ALL SIZES 4-10 IN PIPE (1% OF READING) L STANDARD ACCURACY 4-10 IN PIPE (1% FULL SCALE) G STANDARD ACCURACY >10-36 IN PIPE (1% FULL SCALE) S STANDARD ACCURACY 4-36 IN PIPE (1% FULL SCALE) 2ND SYMBOL (2ND X) PROCESS CONNECTION N 1 IN MALE NPT B 1 IN MALE BSPT 3RD SYMBOL (3RD X) HOUSING ELECTRICAL CONNECTION CND 1/2 IN FEMALE NPT CONDUIT CONNECTION W/O CABLE PG PG GLAND W/O CABLE 10 PG GLAND W/10 FT CABLE OPTIONS (OPT) -CC CUSTOM CONFIGURATION *ADDITIONAL INPUT REQUIRED -COM BACNET/MODBUS COMMUNICATION -FC FACTORY CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE -LCD LCD DISPLAY -NIST NIST CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE
- Are there any proven results?
- No data available currently, but we are working with an outside lab to obtain this data.
- Is there a lockout feature to prevent setup changes?
- Yes there is a switch that can be activated to ensure complete lockout of the display.
- Is there an adjustable BACnet baud rate?
- Yes, baud rates 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 76800, or 115200 bps are selectable via the display.
- Do you go down to 2” pipe size?
- The current minimum pipe size is 3” given customer configuration set up
- Is there BTU calculation?
- In process with a first quarter 2019 release estimate.
- What is the difference between the standard accuracy, the high accuracy, and the custom configuration options?
- The standard accuracy is 1% Full Scale, the high accuracy is 1% of reading in pipe sizes ranging from 4" to 10" outer diameter, and the custom configuration is a unit that comes preset for the application or for high accuracy applications where the outer pipe diameter is greater than 10".
- Why do I have to consult the factory for the high accuracy multi-pipe option?
- The multi-pipe option must be calibrated for four different pipe sizes which takes substantially more time.
- Is there a valve kit suitable for potable water?
- Yes, the stainless steel valve kit is suitable for potable water.
- What is included in the valve kit?
- The valve kit includes a 1 1/4" ball valve, a reducer, a threadolet, a bushing, and a pipe nipple.
- Do I have to purchase an alignment guide separately?
- No, every IEF includes an alignment guide.
- How long will it take to get a unit that is "out-of-stock"?
- 10 business days for both standard and high accuracy models.
- What is the difference between "Multi-Pipe" and custom configured?
- Custom configured IEF's are only compatible with the one particular size they were calibrated for whereas "Multi-Pipe" models are compatible with the multiple size ranges that they were previously calibrated for.
- What does the term "Multi-Pipe" mean?
- The term Multi-Pipe refers to one IEF unit across multiple pipes. For example, if a high accuracy model is calibrated for 4", 6", 8", and 10" pipe sizes, it can then be used in any or all of the sizes that were previously calibrated.
- Does the high accuarcy IEF need to be calibrated any differently then the standard IEF?
- Yes, the high accuracy models must be wet calibrated in order to get within 1% of reading.
- What pipe sizes are compatible?
- All IEF's are compatible with pipe sizes ranging from 4" to 36" outer diameter.
|A-IEF-CBL-50||Plenum rated cable 50' (15.2 m).||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-IEF-CBL-100||Plenum rated cable 100' (30 m).||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-IEF-CBL-150||Plenum rated cable 150' (45 m).||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-IEF-CBL-200||Plenum rated cable 200' (60 m).||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-IEF-DSP||Setup display for field configuring non-display models.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-FDSP-RM||Full functional remote display for use with Series IEF.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-IDSP-RM||Indicating remote display for use with Series IEF.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-INGD||Installation guide/alignment kit, includes: alignment scale body, 2 rods and 2 thumbscrews.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-KIT||Set up kit, includes: set up display, measuring tape, universal power adapter for high accuracy installation and UTG thickness gage.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-LCD||LCD display to retrofit non-display models.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-LID||Replacement blank lid, gasket and (4) screws.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-LKOUT||Lock-out kit, includes: 4 specialty through hole screws for tamper evident locking of the display.||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-IEF-MSTP||Measuring tape used for circumference of the pipe.||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-IEF-TAG||Meter tag, clear envelope tag for adding field configured information to unit.||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-IEF-VLV-BR||1-1/4" full port isolation valve brass kit. (Brass fittings and pipe not for use with NSF Certified models. Brass valves are non-RoHS compliant.)||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-VLV-SS||1-1/4" full port isolation valve, 316SS kit.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-VLV-BR-BSPT||Isolation valve kit, incl carbon steel 1" to 1-1/4" BSPT bushing, BSPT valve, BSPT threaded nipple with a BSPT threadolet, all brass. (Brass fittings and pipe not for use with NSF Certified models. Brass valves are non-RoHS compliant.)||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-VLV-SS-BSPT||Isolation valve kit, includes 316SS 1" to 1-1/4" BSPT bushing, 316SS BSPT valve, 316SS BSPT threaded nipple with a 316SS BSPT threadolet.||1-3 days*||
|UTG||Ultrasonic Thickness Gage||1-3 days*||