Series PE & TE Orifice Plate Flowmeters
The Series PE Orifice Plate Flowmeter offers one-piece PVC construction incorporating a unique holder or carrier ring containing metering taps and integral gaskets. Unlike a standard orifice plate, the Series PE is a true primary element including the various components for differential pressure measurement. It was designed for use wherever there is an application for a conventional flow orifice plate. It can also be used in place of other primary differential producers for efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Series PE is available in line sizes from 1/2" to 24" and used for air and most gases. It meets or exceeds ASME, AGA & ISO standards.
The Series TE Orifice Plate Flowmeter offers one-piece PTFE construction similar to the OP and PE Series orifice plates, which incorporate a unique holder or carrier ring containing metering taps and integral gaskets. Available for line sizes from 1/2" to 24", the Series TE orifice plate can be used with gases, liquids, corrosive, and high temperature fluids. The Series TE can be easily installed by slipping the unit between standard flanges (orifice flanges are not required). The Series TE was designed for use anywhere there is an application for a conventional flow orifice plate. It can also be used in place of other primary differential producers for efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Fluid flow rates in building water lines
- Boiler feedwater
- Cooling water
- Combustion or compressed air
- Steam flow
- PE: Clean air and compatible gases; TE: Compatible gases and liquids.
- Wetted Material:
- Monolithic (single piece) constructed entirely of gray PVC for PE or white PTPE for TE, Buna-N gaskets.
- ±0.6% full scale flow. (Beta= .2-.6) ±0.7% for Beta greater than .6.
- Temperature Limits:
- PE: 140°F (60°C) max; TE: -40 to 200°F (-40 to 93.3°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- 150 psi (10 bar) max.
- Head Loss:
- 1 - Beta ratio², eg: 1 - 07² = 1 - 0.49 = 51% of the d.p.
- Line Sizes:
- 1/2" to 24".
- Process Connections:
- 1/4" female NPT.
- Standard flange 125#/150# rating.
- Pipe Requirements:
- General requirements 10 diameter upstream and 5 diameter downstream.
- Varies with line size. See Catalog page.
- Series PE:
- Mounted with standard flanges
- Standard "corner tap" configuration
- Corrosion free material
- Simplified installation
- Built in metering taps (1/4" female NPT STD)
- Proven through a wide range of applications for accuracy and energy efficiency
- Assures long term reliability and accuracy
- Series TE:
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Weather resistant
- Flame retardant (without factory gaskets)
- Low friction (minimum wear)
- Orifice plate thickness 1/4" offering greater stability
- I purchased 4 OP-F-3 orifice plates. I do not find a torque value in the IOM for our flanges. What should these be torqued to? We typically buy 2", 3", and 4" orifice plates and are seeking to standardize on Dwyer. When you provide torque valves include all sizes. Our flanges are 150# RF.
- For all orifice plate installations, please follow the recommended flange torque rating based on the specific flanges used.