SERIES FBLT FLUSH TIP SUBMERSIBLE LEVEL TRANSMITTER
The Series FBLT Submersible Level Transmitter is designed with a flush
diaphragm tip that will not clog in harsh applications such as sewage lift stations.
Narrow body design allows the FBLT to fit into stilling wells and narrow installations.
The FBLT features a robust FKM fluoroelastomer diaphragm that is PTFE coated for
a stick resistant surface that will hold up in aggressive fluids. The diaphragm cavity
is filled with a gel that will not leak out versus oil or grease that our competitors use.
Body is constructed of 316 SS and the cable is either polyurethane or ETFE for more
The unit measures the height of liquid above the position that it is mounted in a tank or pit in reference to atmospheric pressure. Ventilation tube in the cable automatically compensates for changes in atmospheric pressure above the fluid. The vent is protected with a maintenance free filter, eliminating particulate or water droplets from entering the transmitter. For extra protection against humidity, we offer the A-297 desiccant filter that can be attached to the vent tube.
The FBLT incorporates lighting and surge protection (not guaranteed or covered by warrantee) to stand up in harsh applications. Optional NPT connection allows the unit to be rigidly installed in a pipe/conduit, or to attach our A-625 hanging loop for attaching a chain for pulling out of the installation.
- Sewage lift stations, industrial slurries, industrial sumps, landfill leachate (non-hazardous only), reservoirs, sludge pits, oil tanks, etc.
- Compatible liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- Body: 316 SS; Cable: Polyether polyurethane or ETFE; Diaphragm: PTFE coated FKM fluoroelastomer; Label: Polyethylene polyamid.
- ±0.25% FS (10' w.c. range is ±0.30% FS).
- Temperature Limits:
- -4 to 176°F (-20 to 80°C).
- Compensated Temperature Limits:
- 32 to 140°F (0 to 60°C).
- Thermal Effect:
- ±0.0075%/°F (±0.0135%/°C).
- Pressure Limit:
- 2x range.
- Power Requirements:
- 10 to 33 VDC.
- Output Signal:
- 4 to 20 mA DC 2-wire.
- Response Time:
- < 50 ms.
- Max Loop Resistance:
- 1000 Ω @ 30 VDC.
- Electrical Connections:
- Wire pigtail.
- Mounting Connection:
- Suspended below point being monitored.
- Electrical Protection:
- Surge/lightning protected per EN61000-4-5, Class 5.
- Body: 0.3 lb (0.136 kg); Cable: 0.037 lb (0.017 kg) per foot.
- Agency Approvals:
- Long operating life with a non-clog flush diaphragm tip for harsh applications
- Eliminates particulate or water droplets from entering the transducer using maintenance-free filter
- Suits harsh environments with choice of polyether polyurethane or ETFE cable materials for excellent chemical compatibility
- Increased life with lightning and surge protection utilizing dual arrestor technology, grounded to case, eliminating both power supply surges and lightning ground strike transients (surge protection is not guaranteed and is not covered by warranty)
- Meet application requirements with narrow body design allows the FBLT to fit into stilling wells and narrow installations
- Unit holds up in aggressive fluids with robust FKM fluoroelastomer diaphragm that is PTFE coated for a stick-resistant surface
- Avoid product leaks typically cause by oil or grease with diaphragm cavity that is filled with gel
- Flexible installation options with NPT connection to rigidly install in a pipe/conduit or use the A-625 hanging loop to attach a chain to remove from the installation
- Cables can be ordered shorter or longer in polyurethane or ETFE. See pricing page on website.
Other ranges are available and can be ordered in psi, ft w.c., or m w.c. See pricing page on website.
- NPT connection. Add suffix -NPT, for a 1/2" NPT connection to connect conduit,
piping, or cable hanger. All 316 SS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .add $20.00
|EXAMPLE||FBLT||2||S||B||I||V||E||F||X||X||NIST||Series FBLT-2SB-IVEF-X-X-NIST Lightning and Surge Protected Miniature Submersible Level Transmitter, 316 Stainless Steel, 0.25% Accuracy, 4-20 mA, vented, ETFE cable, with NIST Certification.|
|SERIES||FBLT||Miniature Submersible Level Transmitter|
|CIRCUIT||2||Lightning & Surge Protected|
|BODY MATERIAL||S||316 Stainless Steel|
|Feet of water column
Meters of water column
|RANGE VALUE||X||4.5-20 psi
10-46.2 ft w.c.
3.2-14.07 m w.c.
|CABLE LENGTH||X||10-2000 feet
|1/2" NPT Mounting Connection
- Is it safe to soak an MBLT level transmitter in vinegar or muratic acid to remove accumulated scale deposits?
- Feel free to use whatever cleaning chemicals you like to remove accumulated scale deposits as long as the chemicals are compatible with the unit’s wetted materials as specified in our published literature.
- Our client has an MBLT pressure transmitter that appears to be malfunctioning due to scale buildup. The transmitter is installed to measure leachate level in a one-year old municipal sanitary landfill. What can we use to remove scale from the transmitter without damaging the transmitter?
- If the issue is due to build-up which consequently plugs the small sensing holes, you might take a look at our PBLT2 or FBLT series. They are both more rugged and designed for sludge and slurries, whereas the MBLT and SBLT2 are better suited for cleaner applications such as ground water and wells.
|A-297||Dessicant filter for vent tube. Removes humidity for protection of the sensor. Changes color to show saturation.||1-3 days*||
|A-625||316 SS cable hanger use with NPT option for attaching chain for easy pulling out of application.||1-3 days*||