Series IEFB Insertion Thermal Energy Meter
The Series IEFB is a field-adjustable insertion thermal energy meter that uses electromagnetic technology to accurately and reliably measure fluid velocity and energy consumption. The high accuracy IEFB is adjustable to fit pipe sizes from 4 to 10" (100 to 250 mm), while the standard accuracy IEFB fits pipe sizes 4 to 36" (100 to 900 mm). The IEFB incorporates a temperature meter and a calculator into a single unit. The LCD display provides clear readings of the meter’s values, including temperature and energy consumption, making it ideal for installation on chillers, boilers, and other heating and cooling applications. The high measuring accuracy and long lifetime keeps annual operating costs at a minimum. In addition, it offers several output options, including selectable BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU communications protocol over 2-wire RS-485 and standard analog, frequency, and alarm outputs.
- Monitoring chiller cooling output performance
- Industrial boiler heating performance
- Energy efficiency monitoring
- Optimization of heat energy performance
- Commercial and residential heat energy consumption and metering
- District heating and cooling monitoring
- Energy cost allocation monitoring
- Compatible clean or dirty non coating, conductive liquids.
- 0 to 20 ft/s (0 to 6 m/s). *For max flowrates >10 ft/s (3 m/s) order option -CC.
- Wetted Materials:
- Body shaft/fitting: 316 SS; Electrodes: 316 SS; Electrode cap: Polymer/polystyrene; O-ring: Silicone; Thermowells: 304 SS.
- BTU Accuracy:
- Per EN1434/ASTM E3137/CSA C900.1-13: High Accuracy Units: Class 2 for 2 to 20 ft/s (0.6 to 6 m/s)**; Standard Accuracy Units: Class 3 for 6.5 to 20 ft/s (2 to 6 m/s)**.
**Verified at standard temperature 73.4°F (23°C) refer to listed standards for detailed accuracy formulations.
- Flow Sensor Accuracy:
- High Accuracy Units: ±0.5% of reading at calibrated velocity, ±1% of reading from 2 to 20 ft/s (0.6 to 6 m/s) ±0.02 ft/s (±0.006 m/s) at < 2 ft/s (0.6 m/s); Standard Accuracy Units: ±1% FS.
- Temperature Accuracy:
- Class B ±(0.30 + 0.005*t)°C per EN60751.
- Differential Temperature Accuracy:
- Et = ±[0.5 +3*(Delta)(Theta)min/(Delta)(Theta)] % per EN1434 for differential temperature.
- Calculator Accuracy:
- Ec = ±[0.5 +(Delta)(Theta)min/(Delta)(Theta)] % per EN1434.
- Temperature Compensation:
- 140 to 220°F (60 to 104.4°C) < 2% error over ±30°F (-1.1 °C) change, 40 to 70°F (4.4 to 21.1°C) < 2% error over ±10°F (-12.2°C) change.
- Temperature Limits:
- Ambient: -20 to 160°F (-29 to 71°C)**; LCD -4 to 158°F (-20 to 70°C); Process: 15 to 250°F (-9 to 121°C); Storage: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C).
- Process Connection:
- Flowmeter: 1" NPT or BSPT with accessory full port ball valve options; Thermowell: (2) 1/2" NPT or BSPT thermowell with 1" full port ball valve options.
- Pressure Limit:
- 400 psi (27.6 bar) @ 100°F (37.8°C).
- Pressure Drop:
- < 0.1 psi at 12 ft/s in 4" (<0.01 bar at 3.7 m/s in 100 mm) and larger pipe.
- (1) Analog: 4-20 mA, 0-5 V, 0-10 V or 2-10 V (display selectable); (1) Pulse/Frequency: 0-15 V peak pulse, 0 to 500 Hz or scalable pulse output (display selectable); (2) Alarm: Empty pipe detection or minimum/maximum velocity, (display selectable) & Reverse flow output indication.
- Power Requirements:
- 12-42 VDC, .25 A @ 24 VDC; 12-36 VAC.
- Electrical Connection:
- Removable terminal blocks, (2) model selectable 1/2" female NPT conduit connection, (2) PG 16 gland or (2) PG 16 gland with 10 ft (3 m) 9 conductor 22 AWG plenum rated cables, accessory cable lengths up to 200 ft (61 m) optional.
- (-LCD option): 2 x 2" (50 x 50 mm) graphic LCD with backlight.
- >20 microsiemens.
- Enclosure Material:
- Powder coated die cast aluminum.
- Enclosure Ratings:
- NEMA 6P (IP68) (Non display models); NEMA 4X (IP66) (-LCD option).
- Agency Approvals:
- COMMUNICATIONS (-COM OPTION)
- BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU communication protocol (default disabled, display selectable).
- Supported Baud Rates:
- 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 76800, or 115200 bps (display selectable).
- Device Load:
- 1/8 unit load.
- ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Applicable Pipe Material:
- Most popular plastic and metal pipes; i.e. Carbon steel, SS, copper, UPVC/PVDF, galvanized steel, mild steel, and brass.
- Applicable Pipe Size::
- 4 to 36" (100 to 900 mm), model dependent. See model chart.
- Diameter Length Requirements:
- >10 upstream, >5 downstream.
- Temperature Resistance:
- Matched 4 wire platinum RTD’s.
- Relative Humidity:
- 10 to 90% non-condensing.
- Output Impedance:
- 4 to 20 mA: 536 Ω; 5V: 500 Ω 10V: 1.27k Ω.
- Save time and reduce installation costs with flow, temperature sensors and calculator delivered in one preprogrammed, complete package.
- Maintain system energy efficiency with high performance accuracy that is maintained through changes in temperature, density or viscosity per universally accepted standard
- Meet application requirements with field configurable setup displays (-LCD integral option or remote accessory A-IEF-DSP), which accommodate a variety of application configurations with one model through multiple display configurations i.e. pipe size, pipe material, liquid type, analog output, pulse/frequency output, alarm outputs, communication outputs, damping, and calibration factor
- Quick and easy ordering and set up with Setup Wizard and installation tool that are simple to use and allow for precise installation
- Save time with accessory setup kit A-IEF-KIT that ensures exact installation application depth with included thickness gage and measuring tape
- Reduced costs, long product life, and minimal maintenance requirements with no moving parts to wear or break and electrodes that discourage fouling
- Minimize installation costs with isolation valve accessory options to allow for installation in operational systems via hot-tap kit or easy removal without system downtime
- Required documents included with NIST traceable pass/fail verification certificate included standard for Carbon Steel Schedule 40 pipes sized 4" (102 mm), 6" (150 mm), 8" (200 mm)
Product Data Sheet
IEFB-XX-X-X-OPT IEFB INSERTION ELECTROMAGNETIC ENERGY SYSTEM 1ST SYMBOL (1ST X) ACCURACY H HIGH ACCURACY 4",6",8",10" PIPE (1% OF READING) F HIGH ACCURACY 4" PIPE (1% OF READING) I HIGH ACCURACY 6" PIPE (1% OF READING) E HIGH ACCURACY 8" PIPE (1% OF READING) T HIGH ACCURACY 10" PIPE (1% OF READING) S STANDARD ACCURACY 4" to 36" PIPE (1% FULL SCALE) L 4" to 10" PIPE (1% FS) G 10" to 36" PIPE (1% FS) 2ND SYMBOL (2ND X) PROCESS CONNECTION N MALE NPT B MALE BSPT 3RD SYMBOL (3RD X) HOUSING ELECTRICAL CONNECTION CND 1/2 IN FEMALE NPT CONDUIT CONNECTION W/O CABLE PG PG GLAND W/O CABLE 10 PG GLAND W/ 10 FT CABLE LFMC LIQUID TIGHT FLEX METAL CONDUIT FITTING NCH FEMALE NPT CONDUIT HUB 4TH SYMBOL (4TH X) TEMPERATURE SENSORS T10 TEMP SENSOR ASSEMBLY W/10' CABLE T20 TEMP SENSOR ASSEMBLY W/20' CABLE T50 TEMP SENSOR ASSEMBLY W/50' CABLE R10 HOT TAP THERMOWELL TEMP SENSOR ASSEMBLY W/10' CABLE R20 HOT TAP THERMOWELL TEMP SENSOR ASSEMBLY W/20' CABLE R50 HOT TAP THERMOWELL TEMP SENSOR ASSEMBLY W/50' CABLE OPTIONS (OPT) -CC CUSTOM CONFIGURATION *ADDITIONAL INPUT REQUIRED -COM BACNET/MODBUS COMMUNICATION -FC FACTORY CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE -LCD LCD DISPLAY -NIST NIST CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE
|A-IEF-CBL-50||Plenum rated cable 50' (15.2 m).||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-IEF-CBL-100||Plenum rated cable 100' (30 m).||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-IEF-CBL-150||Plenum rated cable 150' (45 m).||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-IEF-DSP||Setup display for field configuring non-display models.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-FDSP-RM||Full functional remote display for use with Series IEF.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-IDSP-RM||Indicating remote display for use with Series IEF.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-INGD||Installation guide/alignment kit, includes: alignment scale body, 2 rods and 2 thumbscrews.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-KIT||Set up kit, includes: set up display, measuring tape, universal power adapter for high accuracy installation and UTG thickness gage.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-LCD||LCD display to retrofit non-display models.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-LID||Replacement blank lid, gasket and (4) screws.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-LKOUT||Lock-out kit, includes: 4 specialty through hole screws for tamper evident locking of the display.||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-IEF-MSTP||Measuring tape used for circumference of the pipe.||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-IEF-TAG||Meter tag, clear envelope tag for adding field configured information to unit.||1-2 Weeks*||
|A-IEF-VLV-BR||1-1/4" full port isolation valve brass kit. (Brass fittings and pipe not for use with NSF Certified models. Brass valves are non-RoHS compliant.)||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-VLV-BR-BSPT||Isolation valve kit, incl carbon steel 1" to 1-1/4" BSPT bushing, BSPT valve, BSPT threaded nipple with a BSPT threadolet, all brass. (Brass fittings and pipe not for use with NSF Certified models. Brass valves are non-RoHS compliant.)||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-VLV-SS||1-1/4" full port isolation valve, 316SS kit.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEF-VLV-SS-BSPT||Isolation valve kit, includes 316SS 1" to 1-1/4" BSPT bushing, 316SS BSPT valve, 316SS BSPT threaded nipple with a 316SS BSPT threadolet.||1-3 days*||
|A-IEFB-VLV-BR-1||(2) 1" NPT full port isolation valve, brass for temperature sensor with 1" branch outlet and 1" nipple||1-3 days*||
|A-IEFB-VLV-SS-1-BSPT||(2) 1" BSPT full port isolation valve, 316SS for temperature sensor with 1" branch outlet and 1" nipple||1-3 days*||
|A-IEFB-THW-6||(2) 1/2" NPT, 6" thermowell for 8-14" pipe||1-3 days*||
|A-IEFB-THW-4||(2) 1/2" NPT, 4" thermowell for 4-7" pipe||1-3 days*||
|A-IEFB-VLV-BR-1-BSPT||(2) 1" BSPT full port isolation valve, brass for temperature sensor with 1" branch outlet and 1" nipple||1-3 days*||
|A-IEFB-VLV-SS-1||(2) 1" NPT full port isolation valve, 316SS for temperature sensor with 1" branch outlet and 1" nipple||1-3 days*||
|UTG||Ultrasonic Thickness Gage||1-3 days*||