Series UBT Clamp-On Ultrasonic Thermal Energy Meter
The Series UBT Clamp-On Ultrasonic Thermal Energy Meter is an economical clamp-on ultrasonic heat meter. It is an ultrasonic alternative to the traditional inline thermal energy meters. The series uses temperature sensors for energy measurement and ultrasonic waves with time differentials for flow measurement.
- Building services
- Energy management
- Heat/energy metering for energy management or building services utilizing chilled water circuits
- Clean water with <3% by volume of particulate content, or up to 30% ethylene glycol.
- 0.3 ft/s to 32 ft/s (0.1 m/s to 10 m/s).
- Backlit: 2.28" x 0.43" (58 mm x 11 mm), 2 line x 16 characters.
- ±3% of flow reading for velocity rate >1 ft/s (0.3 m/s).
- Power Requirements:
- 12 V to 24 V ±10% AC/DC at 7 watts per unit. Optional plug-in 12 V power supply.
- Power Consumption:
- 7 W (DC) or 7 VA (AC) max.
- Temperature Limits:
- Process: 32 to 185°F (0 to 85°C); Ambient: 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Pulse: 1 opto-isolated MOSFET relay, 500 mA max, 166 pps max, 200 Hz max.
- Humidity Limit:
- 90% RH at 122°F (50°C) max.
- Pulse, optional Modbus® communication.
- Enclosure Rating:
- Enclosure Material:
- Plastic polycarbonate.
- ±0.15% of measured value.
- Electrical Connections:
- 16.4' (5 m) cable.
- Flow Direction:
- Mounting Orientations:
- 1.10 lb (0.5 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Applicable Pipe Material:
- Steel, SS, copper, or plastic.
- Pipe Outside Diameter:
- 3/4 to 4" (25 to 115 mm); 5 to 7" (125 to 180 mm). Pipe size is dependent on pipe material and internal diameter.
- Applicable Pipe Lining:
- Pipe Wall Thickness:
- 0.02 to 0.36" (0.5 to 10 mm).
- Save on installation costs with non-invasive pipe measurement
- Simplified installation with all necessary components included, such as converter, sensor, cables and mounting accessories
- Fit application requirements with compact and lightweight design, that can be easily installed, all in one clamp-on unit intended for homogeneous liquids that contain no air
- Cut down evaluation time with easy-to-read text displaying both energy rate and totalized energy with pulse output and communication options with a convenient backlight for visual comfort